|No More Heroes III|
|Publisher(s)|| Grasshopper Manufacture|
|Director(s)|| Goichi Suda|
|Artist(s)|| Yūsuke Kozaki|
|Lead Composer(s)||Nobuaki Kaneko|
|Series||No More Heroes|
|Engine||Unreal Engine 4|
|Genre(s)||Action-adventure, Hack and Slash|
No More Heroes III is an upcoming action-adventure hack and slash video game developed and published by Grasshopper Manufacture, and co-published by Marvelous for Nintendo Switch. It is the fourth installment in the franchise and the third numbered entry in the mainline series. Following a ten-year hiatus since the last numbered entry, the game follows Travis Touchdown's return to Santa Destroy, as he must defend Earth from a very powerful army of alien invaders led by an intergalactic overlord prince.
Travis Touchdown returns to Santa Destroy after a ten-year absence. There he finds a huge artificial island metropolis floating in the sea, and a mysterious flying object hovering high above. What kind of crazy dangerous assassins will Travis face off against this time?!
Eight years before the start of the series, a young boy named Damon Riccitiello goes to launch his rocket in the air at night after a failed attempt when he sees something crash into the woods and encounters an injured small alien named FU. Damon decides to take care of FU while hiding him from government agents who are also searching for him. While searching for a way to return FU to its planet, Damon and FU become best friends, forming a strong connection. After discovering a piece of alien technology at FU's crash site, Damon is imbued with alien powers and assists FU in building a space ship. They say goodbye to each other, with FU promising to return in 20 years. FU finally goes home just as government agents attempt to capture him.
Twenty years later (nine years after the events of No More Heroes 2 and two years after the events of Travis Strikes Again), an adult Damon is now the CEO of Utopinia — an urban renewal company — utilizing FU's alien technology to become a powerful business magnate. A huge space ship shaped like a pyramid appears below the ship Damon is on, and a group of nine aliens descends from it, one of them revealing to be FU. Awaiting a happy reunion, FU, now in a more humanoid adult form and is now a prince, returns introducing the eight other aliens as his friends who he met in the Blackhole Prison where he was exiled to for annihilating a neighboring planet and revealing to Damon that he intends on conquering the Earth with Damon's help, much to Damon's horror. FU and his cohorts decide they will utilize superheroism as their means of world domination. Former top-ranked assassin in the UAA Travis Touchdown returns to Santa Destroy from his self-imposed exile. Learning of the situation, he must face off against this legion of super-powered beings from outer space who pose as superheroes to "save" the world.
In June 2019, No More Heroes III was announced at E3 2019 in the E3 Nintendo Direct with a 50-second teaser.  The game was revealed to be made in the Unreal Engine 4, the same as Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes and it was to be a Nintendo Switch Exclusive.
In December 2019, it received a new trailer and extended, uncensored version at the Game Awards pre-show. However, it was jokingly revealed as a game titled 'Goddamn Superhero' focalised through the two primary antagonists. Shortly afterward, the extended cut received some backlash for allegedly plagiarizing an animation effect, the matter was officially settled shortly afterward.
In January 2020, Suda did an interview with online journal 'Shacknews' stating: "Short answer is that [Suda] is going to experiment lot [..] With the script he has done, he has experimented with a lot of new things and everyone else is working hard to try and add something new to the formula...".
On the 30th January, they are hosting a 5 ho-r live-stream in collaboration with Dommune with new information and music to be revealed.  They released the first soundtrack: a boss theme titled "DEAD ORCA FORCE". 
The planned release is 2020, possibly Q2 or Q3 based on the release schedule Nintendo released in January 2020. However, this may have been pushed back to late 2020/2021 due to the current pandemic.
Concept Art Edit
- The 'Emerald Guy' is a highly theorised character. One common theory is that he is Henry Cooldown, meaning that the Order of the Emerald Night will appear as secondary antagonists, however another arguement is that it could be a future version of Travis' ward Hunter, based on some concept art featuring someone who looks like a younger version of Travis without his signature shades.
- ↑ https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch/No-More-Heroes-3-1575103.html
- ↑ https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-06-11-no-more-heroes-3-announced-for-nintendo-switch
- ↑ https://gonintendo.com/stories/337522-check-out-this-gorgeous-no-more-heroes-3-concept-art
- ↑ https://gamingbolt.com/no-more-heroes-3-gets-new-boss-concept-art
- ↑ https://www.polygon.com/game-awards-tga/2019/12/12/21019851/no-more-heroes-3-tga-2019-new-trailer
- ↑ http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/12/animation_effect_from_no_more_heroes_3_extended_cut_trailer_surprises_studio
- ↑ https://www.shacknews.com/article/115809/suda51-talks-no-more-heroes-3-expectations-experimentation
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Grasshopper_EN/status/1220637729093894144
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzBjE8e53D0